Dear Mike,

The paper says:

There is a clear seasonal cycle in the e-folding lifetime of
the stratospheric aerosols in the Arctic case ranging from
2 to 4 months. The maximum lifetime occurs during boreal
summer with a minimum during boreal winter with the
formation of the polar vortex and higher rates of tropopause
folding.

So 4 months is the correct number to use if you are looking at a ratio of impact to mass of sulfur injections.

Alan

[On sabbatical for current academic year.  The best way to contact me
is by email, rob...@envsci.rutgers.edu, or at 732-881-1610 (cell).]

Alan Robock, Professor II (Distinguished Professor)
  Editor, Reviews of Geophysics
  Director, Meteorology Undergraduate Program
  Associate Director, Center for Environmental Prediction
Department of Environmental Sciences        Phone: +1-732-932-9800 x6222
Rutgers University                                  Fax: +1-732-932-8644
14 College Farm Road                   E-mail: rob...@envsci.rutgers.edu
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8551  USA      http://envsci.rutgers.edu/~robock