Dear Members,

A question:  Should we ban members sending their own papers to the list if
these papers are not open access, or file-attached?

To allow this practice to continue seems like we're offering tacit support
for closed access publication of geoengineering research.  I note both the
growing open-access movement, and the particular sensitivities around any
perceived secrecy in geoengineering research.

Furthermore, in practical terms, posted closed-access research is not
available for non-academic list members, of which there are many.  This
clearly hinders subsequent list discussion of attached papers.

I'd be very interested to hear members' views on this matter.

Thanks for your time.