Tad Pfeffer, in his Nye Lecture at last year's AGU, explained that no one
knows how to model ice sheet dynamics in a convincing way, at the moment.

The AGU video is here <http://vimeo.com/33320811>.
http://vimeo.com/33320811  They hand out an award to someone else at the
beginning of the video.  Tad is introduced starting at 4 minutes ten
seconds.  The lecture itself starts at 6 minutes and 15 seconds.

 Some quotes:

"...we've been beating the fully deterministic model pretty hard for a lot
of years.  And, as I said, we're deep into diminishing returns".
 Discussing other methods, he points out: "These extrapolations are
extremely sensitive to what you feed them".  Discussing the growth of
uncertainty as projections extend out into the future:  "in a sense it
doesn't matter how far into the future you go, because what you're looking
at is simply the shape of a statistical expression".

He said:  "Does it make any sense to believe these extrapolations going all
the way out to 2100?  ...in his paper Eric [Rignot] said its probably not a
good idea to go all the way, to 2100.  And I think it probably is not."

He said glaciologists are stepping up to the plate with tremendous efforts
to flesh out the data and to come up with something society may find
useful.