Andrew

You have omitted the only solution that will probably work, is economical
and can be deployed immediately - using Diatom Algae to oxygenate oceans
and lakes to reduce methane production and emission.

"Accompanying artificial aeration may be used to control anoxia and inhibit
methanogenesis where recovery and use of methane for fuel is not desired.  "

Natural aeration would be better than artificial aeration.
Diatoms contribute about 50% of all oxygen in the oceans.
Increasing this by 5 to 10% is probably all that is required to be done.

regards

Bhaskar