Robert,

Are you suggesting that aerosol geoengineering should be deployed now, as
your tourniquet analogue seems to imply? That would be a rather
controversial opinion. Note that "we ought immediately to adopt some
climate change strategy that does not involve aerosol geoengineering" is a
normative claim about what we ought to do (e.g., cut our emissions
substantially), not a prediction about what we will do. So the claim can be
true even if you think we won't get serious about cutting emissions.

Also, the fact that the research of ethicists could be abused by
non-ethicists in some (unspecified) way to stymie research does not support
your earlier contention that ethicist are trying to stymie research.

Best,
Toby Svoboda

--
Toby Svoboda