And some parts of the world; northern Canada, Alaska Northern Europe for
example, may prefer some warming and will prosper.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Seitz" <russellse...@gmail.com>
To: geoengineering@googlegroups.com
Cc: jrandomwin...@gmail.com, kcalde...@carnegiescience.edu
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:50:12 PM
Subject: Re: [geo] For the "why geoengineering could prove to be vital"
department...

" Even before Europeans arrived, the Mayan civilization had begun to collapse
thanks to relatively minor climate changes. "

The classic Maya civilization collapsed late in the 8th century, and all its
great urban ceters were abandoned by the end of the first millennium. More
inreresting is the role of climate change and migration in the dissapearance of
the Olmec civilization that went before, taking much of mesoamerica's neolithic
trade network with it-

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/22/world/in-guatemala-a-rhode-island-size-jade-lode.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm