From: "John Nissen" <j...@cloudworld.co.uk>
To: "Ron" <rongretlar...@comcast.net>
Cc: "geoengineering" <geoengineering@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:38:19 PM
Subject: [geo] Re: Another view on the Arctic

Hi Ron,

It makes you sick, that turn of phrase "fait accomplit".

No doubt there are myopic people who have thought it highly desirable
for the Arctic to heat quickly, and would therefore want to suppress any
science that suggested that the Arctic warming had dangerous
repercussions. Now that these people can see that the sea ice is in a
death spiral, they can relax over the science. They can now argue that
it's too late to do anything.

It makes a mockery of those distinguished scientists (including several
government advisers) who have stated that geoengineering to cool the
Arctic would be premature.

Our only means of avoiding certain catastrophe is a last ditch effort to
save the sea ice. But it is also a rare opportunity for international
collaboration with a common goal in mind - survival.

John