From: geoengineering@googlegroups.com [geoengineering@googlegroups.com] on
behalf of O Morton [omeconom...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 12:17 PM
To: geoengineering@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [geo] TERRA FUTURA 2013: INTERVIEW WITH VANDANA SHIVA ABOUT
GEOENGINEERING | NoGeoingegneria

Dear David

Though obviously you couldn't know this, in the context of the preceding paras,
it should be fairly clear that the flight deck metaphor applies to a range of
choices of which climate geoengineering options are only a subset (new energy
sources, new farming practices etc) The subsequent paras make the case that
considering things "carefully and thoughtfully" will lead people not to wish to
press the button marked OIF. So I still don't see how your response differs
from what I said.

The nature discussion is probably a long one for another place; my basic point
is that there is nothing more socially constructed than what gets counted as
natural.

On another topic, I can't speak to Vandana Shiva's publication record, but
those wanting to know more about her thought and rhetoric may find this
interesting:
http://carboncounter.wordpress.com/2013/01/05/vandana-shiva-fanatic-or-fantasist/

Best

Oliver