Sev et al,

I would like to read your full proposal and any documentation you can send
would be welcomed. In response to your clarifications:

*1)* The eddy effect
<https://www.google.com/search?q=oceanic+eddy+effect&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ZD8KVKnmM479oQSFpYLADg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667>,
often found within oceanic surface flow patterns, would seem to dictate
that the floating particles will accumulate in uneven patterns. The field
of Lagrangian Particle Tracking
<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=Lagrangian+Particle+Tracking&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C48&as_sdtp=>,
which illuminates this phenomenon, can provide substance to the view that
floating particles will, in general, not remain in an even dispersal
pattern. The modeling of the Fukushima Daiichi events' marine dispersal
pattern <http://www.asrltd.com/japan/plume.php> shows what may be an
analogy to what you are proposing, *at the Lagrangian level*.

A non-Google Earth 3-D video of the event modeling can be found here
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eh4nBVJTsw>.

*2)* The IMO/CBD has placed significant limits on OIF and your approach is
far more like OIF than dislike OIF. Can you provide a...compelling...
argument that there is a significant distinction between your particles and
OIF?

*3)* *"**Fish caught ..... within a managed plume would be subject to a
royalty payment...*.". How do you propose laying legal claim to fisheries?
Providing open water nutrients can not be equated to 'farming/ranching' as
you have no effective control over the animals and the animals will spend
most of their life cycle in non-treated waters. Commercial fisherman, I
being an ex-fisherman, will simply ignore such claims (accompanied by a
multitude of one finger salutes).

However, it would be interesting to observe a small start-up 'fertilizing'
an area, such as Bristol Bay
<https://www.google.com/search?q=bristol+bay+salmon&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=lzYKVPLBD9GyogTT84LIBg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg>,
and
then suing the commercial fisherman for monetary gain due to the
fertilizer dispersal. As a truly humanitarian suggestion, I highly and
strongly recommend flak jackets for the start-up principles and I would not
accept any invitations for bear/dear hunting outings. BBQ invitations
should also be avoided.

As a final thought on this one point, are you prepared to '*pay*' for any
and all wildlife kills and or human health damage due to a blooming of
toxic algae <http://www.whoi.edu/redtide/>? Also, marine bacteria and
viruses
<http://www.worldoceanobservatory.org/events/humanhealth/observer3.htm>
evolve rapidly in response to nutrient availability and thermal
changes/challenges.  If you wish to profit from this form of open
water/uncontrollable fertilizer application, you must
take full responsibility of any and all side effects resulting from such an
activity. Finding financial backers who will knowingly walk into such a
potentially vast scale of liability will be challenging.

Best regards,

*Michael Hayes*
*360-708-4976*
*The IMBECS Protocol Draft