Andrew,
I used Hydrogen for 20 years to use for weather balloons.  No problem , even when one exploded fir a colleague in a balloon shed ( he has the doors firmly closed and there was a leak , which he knew about). Probably millions of radiosondes were launched with hydrogen. We had a fusion lab where hydrogen was piped around the facility.  However, in the Falklands they had a hydrogen making device … ( solid + water).  Now that was dangerous.   There was one hole in the ground in africa where a hydrogen plant as above had been sited, but using the stuff is a safe.
obviously , if you plant a bomb nearby , little is safe ( what was the actual cause of the hind disaster?)

i predict trains / trucks / cars will soon be using the stuff. Far greener than Li batteries and I think safer.  Never mind the Co2 output.  An electric car costs more to produce as regards Co2 than a small petrol car does ( + 70,000) miles of petrol.  i should have bought an H2 car, but the problem is there are / were on 11 charging stations in the YK and 8 of them were in the M25
A.

T ---
Alan Gadian, UK.
Tel: +44 / 0  775 451 9009