The plan I plan to plan (with the paymaster's consent) is:

1. Achieve basic WFS 1.1, GML 3.1 capabilities required, implementing test
cases.

2. Deploy to time-sensitive testbed activity

3. Port to trunk, and debug against test cases and WMS capability

4. Hopefully update deployments to include WMS functionality.

If #3 looks problematic, we may be required to fork WMS module as well.

and, we are all desperate to start working against trunk so we can do those
key bits: performance tune and improve configuration process.

Rob A