On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:27 PM, Mike Pumphrey <m...@opengeo.org> wrote:
> I just fired this thing up, and it works well, with one hitch.  I see four
> entries in the drop down:
>
>  Data directory
>  Home directory
>  C:
>  D:
>
> (It even included the volume names of each drive, nice).  The hitch is that
> the Home directory displays the root of C:, not my home directory (defined
> in %USERPROFILE%) like I would expect.

Interesting. What is the user running GeoServer? Is it running as a service?
The "home" of the user that's administering the server makes no sense,
as that user might be on another machine and its OS level user name
is not known anyways. What you get should be the home of the user
that is running geoserver instead. If it's running as a service it might be
that the home in that case is C:/ (I guess I should compare the home
directory with the various file system roots, and if it's equal to one of
them, remove the home from the list)

Cheers
Andrea

Ing. Andrea Aime