+1 with the caveat of getting the security work in. It is a pretty huge
amount of work so i imagine it will lead to instability, but it would be
pretty show stopping for us to have to wait until 2.3 to include it.

THe work is nearing completion, Christian and I are currently wrapping up
some loose ends. The new security documentation is proceeding along.

I hope to be in a position to have a proposal ready within 2 weeks time.

Chris also mentioned the virtual service / workspace local stuff. I would
like to be able to say virtual services is "complete" for 2.2, with the
ability to store styles and layer groups within a workspace. The styles
work is pretty near completion... the only remaining issue is the moving of
styles and its associated resources, which I think I
know how to solve.

Layer groups per workspace hasn't started yet... and is estimated at about
a weeks worth of effort.

So all in all I guess I am pushing for one more month to add new features
before locking down.

-Justin

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 7:07 AM, Gabriel Roldan <grol...@opengeo.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 4:19 AM, Andrea Aime
> <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it> wrote:
> > So I'm wondering, is it time to call it done and start harderning it
> > towards a stable release?
>
> IMO, it is.
>
> --
> Gabriel Roldan