My name is Christian Maul and the reason of this introduction is that I
volunteered for the Project Steering Committee for Geoserver when Ben
Caradoc-Davies asked for non-programmers to join. The following will give
you a little bit of information about me.

I am currently working in the Department of Sustainability and Environment
(DSE) in Melbourne as a Senior Project Manager. We run a data warehouse of
spatial data with 2500 spatial layers of which roughly 500 are public and
can be ordered. ( http://services.land.vic.gov.au/SpatialDatamart/ Victorian
Datasearch  - Search is free but ordering needs a password). These data are
also provided as WMS for different clients (e.g.,
http://maps.vic.gov.au/TransMaps/ Transmaps ), which is backed by a
Geoserver backend. We started with Geoserver 1.7.4, which was used in one
application, and we are now running the 2.1.3 version for 7 frontends.  What
I can bring to the table is operations experience and a Geoserver user
perspective. Another project that I shaped significantly is the VicMapAPI, (
http://lctest.land.vic.gov.au/vicmapapi Testserver VicmapApi  – sorry a slow
test server) which is a geowebcache-backed tile cache of Victorian map
backdrops and raster layers. If you are interested in other details of my
CV, please visit to my linkedin profile
(http://www.linkedin.com/pub/christian-maul/12/30b/a67 - Melbourne).

Cheers

Christian

-----

Dr Christian Maul
Project Manager

Information Services Branch
Department of Sustainability and Environment
Level13, Marland House, 570 Bourke Street
Melbourne 3000

PO Box 500, East Melbourne Vic 3002

Telephone:        +61-3-8636 2325
Telefax:              +61-3-8636 2813