Christian,

expressing your interest on the mailing list is all it takes to nominate
yourself. Apologies if I misinterpreted your emails.

There is no reason why we should not have multiple user representatives
if they are qualified.

You have been successful in extracting from the PSC a more detailed
description of the qualifications of a suitable user representative.
 From the last meeting notes:

Ideal candidate:
* active on the user mailing list
* reports issues
* writes documentation
* helps people submit appropriate bug reports
* participates with feedback to the devel mailing
* is "present" in public

You are already heading in the right direction. I appreciate your
contribution to the lists, so I am pleased to support you with a +1
vote, even though you have been unsuccessful at this time.

Thanks again for putting your hand up. Without PSC volunteers we would
not have a working PSC.

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 27/08/12 19:51, cmaul wrote:
> Ben,
>
> I can fully understand that you want somebody with a longer and continuous
> involvement.  Jukka is certainly the better and more deserving choice.
> However, I have not nominated myself as indicated, I was actually wondering
> that I could be considered when I hesitantly answered the request. As you
> know we had quite a few Emails back and forward.
>
> Cheers
>
> Christian
>

> -----
> ____________________________
>
> Dr Christian Maul
> Project Manager
>
> Information Services Branch
> Department of Sustainability and Environment
> Level13, Marland House, 570 Bourke Street
> Melbourne 3000
>
> PO Box 500, East Melbourne Vic 3002
>

> Telephone:        +61-3-8636 2325
> Telefax:              +61-3-8636 2813