On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Ben Caradoc-Davies <
ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au> wrote:

> PSC members:
>
> Christian Maul has nominated himself as a user representative on the PSC
> (see below). Please vote on this nomination.

-1

Of course this needs an explanation :-)

An open source community works based on day to day presence and
contributions of some
kind, developers do code, end users often cannot, but there are other
activities that are important
as well such as answering other users questions,  advertise GeoServer
somehow (blogs, presentations
and the like) and of course write documentation.

To become a PSC one needs, first and foremost, to be active in the
community in some capacity,
and then to stand out for his/her contributions and leadership.

Looking at Christian's CV and activities I'm certainly impressed, but he
still lacks the necessary
community participation to be a PSC member.

Christian, I hope that you don't take this badly and that you'll be
participating in the community
life, even someone outside of the PSC can still offer a lot and participate
to discussions
here on the mailing list, even without a binding vote we take into
consideration all participants
opinion and I'm sure we can use your insight to make GeoServer better.

Cheers
Andrea

--
==