More progress, updates inline.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 11:59 PM Christian Mueller <
christian.muel...@os-solutions.at> wrote:

> Hi Jody
>
> The CAS test setup is a rather complex one. You have to
>
> 1) Create a maven project producing a CAS overlay war file
> 2) Setup HTTPS  for the server (Generate key on the server side,import
> server certificate in cacerts)
> 3) Setup HTTPS for the client side (CAS server contacts the client using
> https for proxy granting tickets).
>
> Maybe the following cold work
>
> Add the overlay CAS war file as test resource.
> Search for a free TCP/IP port
> Start the war file using Jetty. Jetty must have the proper truststore and
> keystore configuration
> Start the tests with the proper  truststore and keystore configuration
> Shutdown Jetty.
>
> Does this make sense ?
>
> Christian
>

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 1:02 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garn...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Christian, I have updated the wiki page to reflect this progress:
>>
>> * https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Spring-4-Upgrade
>>
>> Trying to get a handle on what is left to do, especially testing. If
>> security-cas requires any additional testing please add it to the page
>> above.
>>
>> What we have remaining before beta2:
>>
>> 3. Migrate tests from mock runner to spring-test
>>    (done) core building
>>    (done)  extension building
>>    (volunteer needed) community modules (-PcommunityRelease) could not
>> fix everything
>>

>From what I can tell everything was mostly done by Andrea. There was one
lingering reference in jms-cluster which I just pushed an update for.

>> 4. GWC - also uses spring and will require update
>>    (done) Upgrade to Servlet 3.0
>>    (kevin) Migrate from Acegi 1.0.7 to Spring Security
>>
>> 5. GeoFence Integration
>>    (volunteer) needed
>>
>> 7. community modules (-PcommunityRelease)
>>    need a list of these

I just pushed another batch of changes that “fixes" most of the community
modules. The only remaining one is geofence? I assume an upgrade to spring
4 needs to take place somewhere upstream? Is that what (5) captures? I am
not at all familiar with geofence so not sure what needs to be done here.

By “fixes” I mean fixing errors that result from the spring upgrade. There
are still test failures in those modules but as I understand it we don’t
test those modules as part of the build correct? Anyways I haven’t verified
on master but the test failures appear to be unrelated to the upgrades.