I am also sceptical about the benefit of adding new mailing lists. We
have a simple message now for new developers: subscribe to
geoserver-devel. Do we want to make these instructions more complicated?
The single mailing list also allows replies to notifications to be
conducted on the list which retains context.

I do not filter geoserver-devel (except for all mails with me in the To:
or Cc: to get my attention). Most of the GeoServer traffic I filter is
from GitHub and direct OSGeo Jira notifications.

Kind regards,
Ben.

Ben Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>
Director