Hello,

I tried to use external.tiff, external.geotiff, url.tiff, url.geotiff, used -XPUT or -XPOST method. I also tried with --data-ascii instead of --data-binary, but it did not work either. Here are some lines i tried :

curl -u admin:geoserver -POST --data-ascii @/media/data/images/SPOT5/S090829143259765/SCENE01/IMAGERY.TIF http://192.168.241.24:54900/geoserver/rest/workspaces/storm-workspace/coveragestores/test/external.tiff
=> i get 'Unsupported format: tiff%  '
In fact, each time i tried with the .tiff extension i got the 'Unsupported format' message

curl -u admin:geoserver -XPOST --data-binary @/media/data/images/SPOT5/S090829143259765/SCENE01/IMAGERY.TIF http://192.168.241.24:54900/geoserver/rest/workspaces/storm-workspace/coveragestores/test/external.geotiff
=> I get a 'method not allowed' message

curl -v -u admin:geoserver -XPUT --data-binary @/media/data/images/SPOT5/S090829143259765/SCENE01/IMAGERY.TIF http://192.168.241.24:54900/geoserver/rest/workspaces/storm-workspace/coveragestores/test/external.geotiff
=> with this one i get a 'Java Heap Space error'

Have you ever succesfully done this kind of insertion in GeoServer ?

Thanks for your help