> I´m testing these SVG symbols to minimize the amount of symbols in each
> polygon.

What I´m trying to do is making up to 9 WMS layers readable above a basemap,
that´s why I try to get as few SVG symbols as possible in each polygon.
Otherwise the symbols disturb the basemap/background map and they also make
it hard for the users to put on their own readable layers.
This means I need many scale intervals (13) and area intervals (6 or
more)and each combination having one SVG file, which makes my SLD very long
and I´m trying to find an easier way to edit this SLDs. If it was possible
to write the names of the 4-8 SVG files as parameters in the beginning of
the SLD I didn´t have to edit 78 or more SVG filenames in each of the up to
nine SLDs.

I made a presentation in Finland last week trying to explain my ideas. If
you have the time to give it a few minutes I put it on my website (48MB).
I think my ideas will be very useful when it comes to Inspire and the use of
all the WMS layers that will be available in the future.
http://www.gisassistans.se/dokument/GI%20Norden%20Abo%20Turko%20SF%20110608_
09%2036OH%20ans110607%202140.ppt

Right now I´m only testing two scale intervals with up to six area intervals
as I urgently need more/new pictures during my presentation at ICC in Paris
in three weeks.
Regards Anders Söderman Stockholm, Sweden.