In my OpenLayers configuration I have :

      // make OL compute scale according to WMS spec
      //OpenLayers.DOTS_PER_INCH = 25.4 / 0.28;

Is it the problem for :

2011-06-15 16:53:16,098 ERROR [geowebcache.GeoWebCacheDispatcher] -
Requested horizontal resolution: 0.41655126953125005 , best match:
0.48828125 exceeds 10% threshold. Perhaps the client is configured  with an
incorrect set of scales (resolutions),  or the DPI setting is off compared
to the one in GWC ? http://172.17.100.10:8080/geoserver/gwc/service/wms

??

Thx,