On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 17:21 +0200, Micka wrote:
> In my OpenLayers configuration I have :
>
>       // make OL compute scale according to WMS spec
>       //OpenLayers.DOTS_PER_INCH = 25.4 / 0.28;
>
> Is it the problem for :
>
> 2011-06-15 16:53:16,098 ERROR [geowebcache.GeoWebCacheDispatcher] -
> Requested horizontal resolution: 0.41655126953125005 , best match:
> 0.48828125 exceeds 10% threshold. Perhaps the client is configured
> with an incorrect set of scales (resolutions),  or the DPI setting is
> off compared to the one in GWC ?
> http://172.17.100.10:8080/geoserver/gwc/service/wms
>

> ??
Well I'm not sure how an error message could be more descriptive than
that.
The exact meaning is that your WMS-C client is requesting images whose
bounds don't match the GWC configured gridset nor even by a 10%
tolerance.

My impression is you're perhaps trying to make the geoserver "layer
preview" generated page match the geowebcache layer, and that won't work
because the geoserver's layer preview uses it's own heuristics to set up
the layer and the gwc demo page makes it match the gridset (check the
difference between [1] and [2])

your best bet is to use the same resolutions and
OpenLayers.DOTS_PER_INCH than the gwc demo page generated for you.

Hope that helps,
Gabriel.

[1]
<view-source:http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/wms?service=WMS&version=1.1.0&request=GetMap&layers=bmworld&styles=&bbox=-187.272,-187.272,187.272,187.272&width=512&height=512&srs=EPSG:4326&format=application/openlayers>
[2]
<view-source:http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/gwc/demo/bmworld?gridSet=EPSG:900913&format=image/png>

> [...]
>                                 > attempt from "geowebcache.org"
>                                 > claiming to be
>                                 > "http://geowebcache.org/schema/1.2.2";>
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 > <version>1.2.2</version>
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 > <gridSets>
>                                 >   <gridSet>
>                                 >     <name>EPSG:2163</name>
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >     <extent>
>                                 >       <coords>
>                                 >         <double>-2495667.977678598</double>
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >         <double>-2223677.196231552</double>
>        <=== This 4 lines is to put the limit
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >         <double>3291070.6104286816</double>
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >         <double>959189.3312465074</double>
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >       </coords>
>                                 >     </extent>
>                                 >   </gridSet>
>                                 > </gridSets> <layers>
>                                 >
>                                 >   <wmsLayer>
>                                 >     <name>new_name</name>
>                                 > <==== I can give a random name ? or
>                                 > it have to be exactly the same name
>                                 > of the layer ?
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >
>                                 >     <gridSubsets>
>                                 >       <gridSubset>
>                                 >
> <gridSetName>EPSG:2163</gridSetName>   <=== The EPSG of my Layer
>                                 >       </gridSubset>
>                                 >     </gridSubsets>
>                                 >
> <wmsUrl><string>http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms</string></wmsUrl>   <===
> The url of wms <wmsLayers>backend_name</wmsLayers>         <=== It have to be

Gabriel Roldan
grol...@opengeo.org
Expert service straight from the developers