Does gdalinfo need to be globally available? if yes, what are the steps?

gdalinfo fails :(

paisaje@vision3:~/gdal$ ./gdalinfo
./gdalinfo: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found
(required by libNCSEcw.so.0)

Do I need to install GLIBCXX_3.4.14? To make things more complicated, I do
not have sudo privileges in the system I am deploying the server...