On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM, David Niedzielski <
david.niedziel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. In our case, sadly, we have separate databases. One
> for each data store. The timeouts to which you allude seems to be key,
> because they obviously do not abide by the connection timeout associated
> with the stores. Indeed, these single connections are up for as long as
> geoserver itself - we have yet to see a timeout after weeks of uptime. Are
> they perhaps reused periodically? The layers associated with the data
> stores are never referenced. Where does one set the timeout for these
> initial connections, as they seem to be eternal and the heart of the
> problem?

Hmm... I guess I was wrong, don't see any time out in the code setting up
the connection pool:

https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/modules/library/jdbc/src/main/java/org/geotools/jdbc/JDBCDataStoreFactory.java#L420

We use Commons DBCP as the connection pool, if you find a way to setup a
timeout for idle connections
please share a patch/make a pull request

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.

@geowolf
Technical Lead