Hi Martin,

I may have a related idea I am looking to implement for GeoTools 14.x - I
would like to make our query system take expressions (rather than just
property names). I had originally intended this for a "java views feature".

The other thing I would like to do for make it easier to match up our
geotools functions with their opposite in SQL.

Combining the two features results in something similar to the SQL View you
are proposing, but with greater visibility to GeoTools on what is going on
and the chance to reduce query data size.

Still this issue is getting fairly deep, you may wish to attend one of the
community Skype meetings.
--
Jody

--