Hi Jens,

Sorry, you are absolutely right, actually the default bounds for the layer are
printed below "Here are the max bounds, if you do not specify bounds these will
be used" on the seeding form. We use a custom grid with the same bounds as the
bounds of our layers which lead me on a wrong track.

-Jukka-

Nachtigall, Jens wrote:

Hi,

I've installed Marlin renderer now (only basic use as described at
https://github.com/bourgesl/marlin-renderer/wiki/How-to-use#how-to-use-basic),
still with Oracle Java 7. I also set the number of tasks to 16. I'll see if
this speeds things up.

@Jukka: Regarding the BBOX. I left the "Bounding box" field (subtext "These are
optional, approximate values are fine.") empty. I do not think that the bbox
needs to be set here. The layer (based on the shapefile) already has a bounding
box, so I would assume that GeoServer/GeoWebCache is intelligent enough to not
try to render the whole world for a layer with restricted bounds. Correct me,
if I am wrong.

Best,
Jens