Hi,
can you send a list of the steps you followed to setup the users? By
default GeoServer uses users stored internally, not on the database. So
maybe you missed some steps.

> Greetings all,
>
> I've only recently started working with GeoServer and have no experience
> whatsoever with it and PostGreSQL.
> After spending quite some time searching the web and fiddling around with
> the server (running on Ubuntu), I've managed to successfully install and
> run
> both PostGreSQL and GeoServer. However, although I can see users in the
> database from the GeoServer admin panel (Users and Roles) and can add new
> users, I can not login via said users.
>
> I have taken (I believe) all the necessary steps required for it to work
> (on
> GeoServer), like adding role and authentication services, but it still
> fails
> to work.
> I have no idea what could be wrong seeing as it does actually see and add
> the users, so I am hoping somebody here can help me.
>
> Additional information:
> GeoServer 2.4.0 (planning to update once I find a way to keep current data
> safe)
> phpPGAdmin
> Ubuntu 14.04 (VPS)
>
> Thanks in advance!

Lorenzo Natali

http://goo.gl/NWWaa2 for more information.

==

Dott. Ing. Lorenzo Natali
Software Engineer

fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39  333 8128928

*AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.