Greetings,

Sorry for the late reply, but I have been unable to reply due to
circumstances with specific servers within the company which required my
full attention.

- I have checked the version of both PostGis and PostGres, but both seem to
be up to date. I have checked if the versions work well with each other, but
everything seems to be just fine.
- This was the one thing I have been wondering about for a while now.
Unfortunately, even though I feel that it is using the wrong parameters, I
have no actual clue as to where it gets these parameters. I have browsed
through almost every single file I could fine, but non seemed to mention
anything about connection parameters or login details (besides the
users.xml).
- I have cleaned out the DB and created new users from the GeoServer (with
the ability to create tables), did not work.

Thanks for your help!
Yours sincerely,
Dré Vromans