Matteo and Steve,
the clustering modules are officially unsupported (that's why you won't
find them in releases), and both occasionally need some love (e..g,
funding) to work better.
All open source licenses state that you use the software at your own risk,
but when even the project tells you something is unsupported, it
often really is :-p

In GeoSolutions we have used both clustering approaches for customer
projects, but within contracts allowing us to make fixes and changes here
and there
as the need occurs.

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Matteo Cusmai <cusmaimat...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>>>    - One tile storage per network node, non shared, especially useful
>>>    for data changes a lot
>>>
>>> I'd love to see a local storage option that allows picking tiles from
>>> other nodes via some clustering technology (e.g., hazelcast distribution),
>>> merging the benefits of the two world but... it's missing funding to be
>>> developed
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Andrea
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit
>>> http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Ing. Andrea Aime
>>> @geowolf
>>> Technical Lead
>>>
>>> GeoSolutions S.A.S.
>>> Via di Montramito 3/A
>>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=Via+di+Montramito+3/A+55054+%C2%A0Massarosa&entry=gmail&source=g>
>>> 55054  Massarosa
>>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=Via+di+Montramito+3/A+55054+%C2%A0Massarosa&entry=gmail&source=g>
>>> (LU)
>>> phone: +39 0584 962313 <0584%20962313>
>>> fax: +39 0584 1660272 <0584%20166%200272>
>>> mob: +39  339 8844549 <339%20884%204549>
>>>
>>> http://www.geo-solutions.it
>>> http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it
>>>
>>> AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003
>>>
>>> Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o
>>> nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
>>> loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
>>> per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
>>> messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
>>> darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
>>> stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
>>> divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
>>> utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
>>> principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.
>>>
>>> The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely
>>> for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential
>>> or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
>>> (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
>>> Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
>>> copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
>>> strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
>>> addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
>>> immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
>>> information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
>>> does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
>>> completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
>>> made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of

Andrea Aime

==
GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.