On 15-11-17 11:57, Andrea Aime wrote:

The main problem seems to be the performance issues though, as this email also proves, as well as both of the two PR's that are open who are related to the same thing. But I believe this is rather solvable and would make a huge difference.

Nope, you're not reading the mail correctly. The main problem is a lack of a champion backing the module, answering mails and reviewing PRs related to it. We did not list slowness as a reason to drop it, the reason is that currently it's more or less abandoned and we don't know what to do about mails and PRs related to it.

I read your mail correctly, I meant the email from the user, and I was referring to the main problem with the _use_ of the module. However that problem may indirectly explain why the module is not more successful and therefore abandoned.

Regards
Niels