Hello Jason,

The event clustering option is in my opinion much better, I'm not sure why "reload" is the default. The event option is indeed much smarter, it will distribute catalog events across the different nodes, so that every node can update its cache just for the item that changed only, without the need to reload the entire configuration. I found that reload can cause serious performance issues and even a deadlock if many events happen after each other. "Event" is definitely the way to go. I think we should make it the default, especially if more people give positive feedback on this.

I also have quite some experience with running jdbcconfig with hz-cluster, so do not hesitate to ask me any more questions if you have any.

Kind Regards

Niels