Thanks so much for the information!  I've built the JMS clustering locally
but, i've run into issues getting it to work in AWS.

Our current config is using a shared file system and JDBC - so when a
configuration change occurs, we've used the REST endpoint to reload config
across all our GeoServers.  We are looking to move away from this setup and
have it automatically sync the config changes; like a change in a layer.

Using Hazelcast, it just sorta plugged into our current environment and
took away our need to hit the endpoint to reload configs.  So it feels like
a win.

With the JMS extension, it seems that if we use the JDBC extension it won't
even start the container.  So it's like JDBC and JMS can't be installed
together.  That may not be true, but that's what i'm seeing, currently.
There is also an issue with using multi-cast in AWS, it doesn't work.  So
i'm reading to figure out how that challenge could be overcome.