andrea antonello wrote:
> My impressions is that the two trails are somewhat different:
> - imageio-ext seems to be dedicated to imagery and its optimization in
> visualization
> - coveragio seems to be more scientific and with the need to follow
> strick the standards
>
> I agree that this is a very superficial analysis, which is more due to
> my current needs than to other things

My understanding is that one builds on the other; much like we build our
very scientific "feature model" on top of low level shapefiles. I have
actually
been looking for a "high level" data access api for some time (see
proposal here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/GridAccess+based+on+WCS+Specification
).

Jody

PS. Nice western reference; I am the messenger
PPS. Don't shoot the messenger