Michael Bedward a écrit :
>> The bad news is : they are not maintained anymore in GT.
>> I will maintain them in GeoTidy / Puzzle-GIS in the futur.
>>
>> Is there someone willing to continue the work on GeoTools ?
> I'm very interested in the work you've done to date on the Swing
> components for Geotools.  I haven't been following the discussion
> about GeoTidy, other than I thought it was a fork of the referencing
> and metadata modules.  But is it the case now that the GT Swing
> pending module and your work on Puzzle are no longer related ?
>
> I suppose what I'm trying to understand is this: if someone were to
> continue work on some or all of the swing pending components is there
> any overlap with the other work you will be doing that would need to
> be managed ?
Puzzle-GIS doesnt use GeoTools anymore, so it's not related to the GT
swing module indirectly.
There are several reasons why I have made this choice, the main ones are :
- First because I believe geotidy will have a bright futur
- Java 1.6
- The new renderer

We can say there will be some overlap since both have the same purpose
(easy swing widgets)
but they dont have the same background model anymore.

I believe the one who will be in charge of the swing module could try to
follow the geotidy swing module
if he wish.

johann