From: Ben Caradoc-Davies [mailto:ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au]
Sent: Tuesday, 12 October 2010 9:57 AM
Cc: Tara Athan; Tan, Florence (CESRE, Kensington);
geotools-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Geotools-devel] [ExternalEmail] Re: Build Failure:
AppSchemaFileDataTest gives errors

Florence is also reporting this failure. Is anyone else seeing it on
Windows? Is it repeatable?

Maybe this is caused by the datastore resource leak:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-3273

Even though the app-schema DataAccess is properly disposed, it does not
dispose the underlying simple feature data store, which then keeps the
property file open until it is garbage-collected.

Windows differs from other platforms that it does not let an application
delete an open file. This causes the tearDown in the test to fail. On
Unix platforms, file deletion is just unlinking, so this problem is not
evident (the file is only removed when it has no links and nothing has
it open).

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineering Team Leader