On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:07 PM, <christian.muel...@nvoe.at> wrote:

> Short question because I am unsure.
>
> Can I use Java 6 for development on geoserver trunk ?
> Now I work with Java 5 and in the meantime I hate the class
> IOExpression NOT having a constructor where I can pass an Exception as
> an argument.
>
> What about geotools ? I have so many places where I use
> IOExpression(String msg). Very often, the message is not enough to
> solve  problems efficiently.
>
> I saw the polls, but I think I must wait for the hudson build server
> working with java 6.

The thing got stopped on lack of people volounteering to do the work.
As said in the old thread, I'm up to check stuff builds on Sun Java 6
in both projects, and provide eventual patches.
But we need people for doc changes, updating Hudson and so on

My hope is that once someone provide the patches to make things
work on java 6 (even if it's just pom changes) the rest will fall into
line "naturally"

Ing. Andrea Aime
GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Tech lead