On 26 October 2012 06:24, Gabriel Roldan <grol...@opengeo.org> wrote:
> re xerces, we'd also need to exclude it from the JTS dependency:
> [INFO] |  +- com.vividsolutions:jts:jar:1.12:compile
> [INFO] |  |  \- xerces:xercesImpl:jar:2.7.1:compile (version managed from
> 2.4.0)

The JTS jars from Maven only include the core stuff. I build and
deploy them for Martin when he releases new versions. A quick grep of
the sources shows that although xerces is declared as a dependency it
is not actually used in any of the core classes. The only reference to
it at all is a commented-out line in KMLReaderExample.java.  So, when
Martin releases JTS 1.13 I can remove the redundant xerces dependency
from the JTS pom (assuming that it still isn't required).

Caveat: I actually have no idea what this thread is about or why
xerces is a problem - I just saw Gabriel's reference to JTS.

Michael