On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Ben Caradoc-Davies <
ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au> wrote:

> So, in releasing 9.2, I saw the change list, and thought that writing
> the release notes was going to be straightforward:
> http://hudson.opengeo.org/hudson/view/All/job/geotools-release/60/
>
> And then I noticed bleeding-edge changes that I was certain should not
> be on stable:
>
> http://hudson.opengeo.org/hudson/view/All/job/geotools-release/60/changes#detail8
> Commit bd684ec5e0fdb1d7b41c10d8e4cd10e1cf9fd58d by Niels Charlier
> GEOS-5779 Implementation of SortBy in App-Schema
>
> Manual inspection of git log on 9.x confirms that this change is *not*
> on 9.x. Manual inspection of the source code confirms that this change
> is not in the 9.2 source bundle.
>
> So, is this a known problem? Is this just Hudson scraping the console
> log and getting the wrong idea? Perhaps we need a big notice in the
> release guide warning release engineers to ignore Hudson when writing
> release notes.

We always used jira to write the release notes (in other words, if a commit
does not have
an associated ticket, closed in time, it's as if it never occurred).
Never had a look at Hudson's output honestly, and it seems it is not setup
to provide a changelog
anyways.
+1 to warn the release manager not to look at it

==
GeoServer training in Milan, 6th & 7th June 2013!  Visit
http://geoserver.geo-solutions.it for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf