On 15/05/13 16:50, Andrea Aime wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Andrea Aime
> <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it <mailto:andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>> wrote:
>     We always used jira to write the release notes (in other words, if a
>     commit does not have
>     an associated ticket, closed in time, it's as if it never occurred).
>     Never had a look at Hudson's output honestly, and it seems it is not
>     setup to provide a changelog
>     anyways.
>     +1 to warn the release manager not to look at it
>
> Btw, once the release is published one way to get the real list of
> changes should be:
>
> git fetch -t geotools (or whatever your remote for the official repo is
> called)
> git log 9.1..9.2
>
> Right now you cannot run it because 9.2 does not exist yet on the
> official git repo (the
> publish script creates it).

Thanks. It took me a little while to realise that I needed fetch -t to
get tags not reachable from branch heads. I should note this and your
git-log advice in the guide as well.

Local clean build went fine. All artifacts look good. Publish is
currently stuck in the Hudson traffic jam, but shouldn't be long now.
Release notes not needed until Monday.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>