Andrea Aime
Jody Garnett
Justin Deoliveira
Alessio Fabiani
Jukka Rahkonen

Agenda
------

- Update on Previous Action Items
- GeoTools 9.3 / GeoServer 2.3.4 Release
- WFS 1.0 Cite Tests
- Buildbox Windows / Java 7
- Importer

Update on Previous Action Items
-------------------------------

- ACTION: Ben to propose Quick Patch / Contribution guide for developers guide
procedures; Status: not in a position to do this as no T&C on Jira or mailing
lists.

Suggestion: Write up up and bounce off email list.
We are happy to accept quick informal patches to existing files via JIRA and
the email list. To contribute a new file, please sign a code contribution
agreement.

- Action: File.onExit - Andrea to follow up on mailing list (SchemaCache
thread); Status: alternative non-File.onExit implementation

GeoTools 9.3 / GeoServer 2.3.4 Release
--------------------------------------

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/GeoTools+and+GeoServer+release+schedule

Good luck Jody :-)

Thanks: Will cut it on the 15th and anounce on the 18th.

WFS 1.0 Cite Tests
------------------

CITE always fetches some files from the internet, and they are now gone. Schema
files?

CITE TEAM Engine is under active / confusing development. As a moving target it
is frustrating to say the least.

Q: Anyone have a copy of the OGC Schemas?
A: Andrea has a copy from Jan 15h (around 10 MB)

We may need to migrate to a newer version, but would like to hold off until the
project is stable.

Missing schema:
http://cite.opengeospatial.org/OGCTestData/wfs/1.0.0/schemas/OGC-1.0.0/OGC_Wrapper.xsd

JD: will ask the ogc people about getting a copy of it, won't hold my breath
though

Buildbox Windows / Java 7
-------------------------

Simone is going to set up a public build box (2-4 weeks)

\o/ Yay!

Who uses windows? And is in position to quickly fix?
- Alessio, Daniele, Simone, Rini, Victor, ...

Java 6 is put out to pasture? Not even an security updates...

Q: Java 7 minimum? Terrible idea
Q: Java 7 compile? Additional work to support both - discuss on mailing list

Java 7 would need a build server, as we do not want to ask developers to build
twice themselves before committing.

See:
- http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
- http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html
  "After February 2013, Oracle will no longer post updates of Java SE 6 to its
public download sites. "

Ben recommends update to OpenJDK 7? Andrea notes OpenJDK 7 not available for
windows.

Importer
---------

GeoSolutions vs OpenGeo one, preferably one that does both?
Break up OpenGeo module into bits, merge back in GeoServer
Transforms over feature types, add same interface for raster transformations.
Separate paths for vector and raster (4 paths), direct imports (rast or vect)
and then two with transforms.
Better store config pages.

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>