Welcome Brett!

As you can tell we get too many requests from people who aren't actually
interested in joining up and helping out. When I first read your message I
actually suspected you might be up for contributing, but I can see how it
was ambiguous. Would have been good to mention the pull request you made,
since it looks like a couple core devs were excited about it. I'm glad
you're up for the gift economy that is open source.

I think our unofficial rule is (or at least was, it's been way too long
since I've committed to GeoTools) to have at least two or three solid,
reasonably sized patches before commit access. I see your PR at
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pull/208, would be good to link to the
patches you've done in the past.

But now that everyone knows you're interested in becoming a committer and
helping out I'd guess someone will be inclined to review your PR much
sooner. So I'd say just poke people on your PR's, with offers to help out
on issues they wish were done. And when you make new PR's just poke the
list with what it's about.

Sounds like you have great experience for GeoTools though, so will be
really great to have you aboard. I'm also curious about what areas of
GeoTools you're interested in. Is it just the parts you have experience in?
Or are there newer topics you're interested in diving in to? There are
definitely some key areas of GeoTools where we only have one or two expert,
so would be great if you're interested in some of those.

Chris