On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM, Brett Walker
<brett.wal...@geometryit.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the policy/procedure/expectation for pull requests that have been
> submitted for more than a couple of weeks?
>
> There are a number of pull requests that have been sitting 'dormant' for a
> while. Do they sit forever open with no feedback, or should they be closed,
> with comment, if not found suitable.

Some pull requests are just incomplete, most of the time people "forget" to
add tests. This makes for a patch that cannot be committed, and yet at the
same time the patch is valid.
So we leave it there waiting for someone to complete it.

> It seems that pull requests from developers with commit access have
> preference with daylight second.

I cannot talk for others, but in general I have a look at pull requests
sooner if the person in question
helped me in the past, if that's the case I try harder to find the time to
review that pull (e.g., don't do any
coffee break during the working day in order to accumulate time to review
that patch instead).
For everyone else there's the weekend (where I believe I'm reviewing
everybody's patches with more
or less the same priority)

> Ignoring worthwhile patches could appear to give the cold shoulder to the
> wider community.

That's why I spend some time every weekend reviewing patches from the wider
community.

==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.