Christian I have provided the following response (on your behalf as module
maintainer):

*Okay checking our notes (see link) this code remains the property of IBM.
An IBM employee directly worked with the project using an LGPL license
allowing us to distribute. We were going to revisit CLA after joining the
OSGeo foundation. The current module maintainer is not sure if these
classes are still used.*
*
*
Do you agree or have anything to add?*
*

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Christian Mueller <
christian.muel...@os-solutions.at> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> Looks like from the above notes that we need IBM to sign the code
>> contribution agreement....
>> Jody
>> --- contents of review.apt ---
>>
>> Module DB2
>> ~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>>   Module Maintainer: David Adler
>>
>>   IP Review:
>>
>>     * Jody Garnett, July 9th, 2006
>>
>>     * Adrian Custer, June 2008
>>

>>   STATUS: DIRTY
>>

>>     Code is a mess, see below.
>>       http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-1879
>>
>>     Resource origin and license unknown.
>>       http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-1880
>>

>>   This module is interesting in that it operatings against a comercial
>> database, leaving us without the
>>
>>   rights to distribute a jdbc driver in jar form. As with other modules in
>> this situtation we need to
>>   produce a stub jar based on what is needed to make the module compile.
>> This is viewed as being similar
>>
>>   in spirit to use of a C++ header file and not of interest in an IP review.
>>

>>   The header contained in this file leaves me with a question:

>> /*
>>  *    Geotools2 - OpenSource mapping toolkit
>>  *    http://geotools.org
>>
>>  *    (C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 2005. All rights reserved.
>>  *
>>
>>  *    This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
>>  *    modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
>>
>>  *    License as published by the Free Software Foundation;
>>  *    version 2.1 of the License.
>>  *
>>
>>  *    This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
>>  *    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
>>
>>  *    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
>>  *    Lesser General Public License for more details.
>>
>>  *
>>  */
>>
>>   That is this code is has not had copyright assigned to the GeoTools PMC,
>>   so I am uncomfortable updating the headers with out first talking to
>>
>>   David Adler.
>>
>>   We can either proceed to assign copyright to the GeoTools PMC, or wait
>>   until we move to OSGEO giving IBM a chance to formally donate code to
>>   the OSGO Foundation.
>>
>>   Note we have publically thanks IBM for their involvement with GeoTools
>>   at the first Where 2.0 conference. This (C) with all rights reserved
>>
>>   was a surprise to me.
>>

>> * org.geotools.data.db2
>>   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>   Added in GeoTools 2.1 to facilitate use of DB2 with GeoServer and uDig.
>>
>>     * Headers updated to  GeoTools - OpenSource mapping toolkit
>>
>>     * (C) IBM presents a management issues
>>
>>     * LGPL license is compatible, so library use at least is not compromized
>>
>> -
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garn...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>  So we were able to answer a few things in todays meeting, but a number

>>> DB2WKBWriter.java
>>> DB2FilterToSQL.java
>>> db2/DB2WKBReader.java