Evening Niels:

I have (with a bit of help from Frank) been trying to get you something to
test.

A couple of notes when migrating from gt-wfs to gt-wfs-ng:

1) version negotiation how?

URL id = WFSDataStoreFactory.createGetCapabilitiesRequest(base);

This method was responsible for doing the initial version negotiation, this
functionality is best not embedded in uDig as only the GeoTools DataStore
implementation knows what version(s) it supports.

Based on:

         // WFSClient performs version negotiation and selects the correct
strategy

        WFSClient wfsClient;

        try {

            wfsClient = new WFSClient(capabilitiesURL, http, config);

        } catch (ServiceException e) {

            throw new IOException(e);

        }

It looks like the datastore does the work, I just need access to the final
negotiated URL? Ideally without creating and then throwing away a
WFSContentDataStore.

2) Replacement for WFSSchema.NAMESPACE

public static URI NAMESPACE = makeURI("http://www.opengis.net/wfs";);

Is there is good place to reference this value? I don't want to have to
create it in multiple locations?

Jody Garnett