On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>
wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:48 PM, Torben Barsballe <
> tbarsba...@boundlessgeo.com> wrote:
>
>> Andrea - I traced the date throught the debugger and when the
>> SimplifyingFilterVisistor is called on the Filter, the java.util.Date is
>> cast to a java.sql.Date. Since the SQL date has no time component, the time
>> zone information is discarded, and we are left with "2009-27-06" instead of
>> the expected value of "2009-28-06"
>>

> I'm at a customer site until tomorrow (included) so cannot offer much help
> until the weekend starts.
>
> Just checked quickly, I don't see a special treatment for dates in the
> simplifying filter visitor, the RangeCombiner, or MultiRange,
> and I don't see any special treatment for dates, so not sure where this is
> happening, someone has to drill down more into
> the simplification chain.

Hey, just an idea, but it may well be that what you have there is the type
of the attribute in the feature type.
The range combiner does determine types using the target feature type, not
by duck typing, and filters should
be built using the same type as the attributes, otherwise somewhere a
conversion will happen that uniforms the two.
If this is the case, I'd say the test is ill written and was working by
accident.

==
http://goo.gl/NWWaa2 for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

*AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.