Henrik,

I remember that Peter Newell's PhD dissertation and subsequent book as well as
Michele Betsill's PhD dissertation do examine those issues. I somehow managed
to lose my EndNote bibliography so I don't have the references, but I am sure
you can ask them (think they are on the GEP ED listserv too).

Best,
Raul