Neil & company.

You also might want to take a look at Ron Mitchell’s chapter on International Environment for Risse et al.’s Handbook of International Relations.

http://www.uoregon.edu/~rmitchel/resume/2002-HandbookofIR.pdf

Frank

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joseph Domask
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 10:29 AM
To: Geped list (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Theory in International Environmental Politics

Neil, Maria, Pam, others,

I did some work on these issues (IR theory and international environmental politics/change) in my dissertation a good number of years back (1997), and this might be of interest to some of you.

In particular, I adapted a "structural realist" framework developed by Buzan, Jones, and Little in The Logic of Anarchy and applied this framework to a case study (on Brazil and politics/policy surrounding the Amazon).

You can find chapters of this online at:  http://www.brazilink.org/environment_domask.asp

Chapters 2 and 3 are most pertinent to this discussion.  I haven't done much with this framework or theoretical inquires about IR since then, but I think much of what I wrote in 97 still applies.

Best,
Joe

--
Joseph Domask, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor and Academic Director

tel. 202-895-4927
http://www.iedonline.net