Greetings,

Most of you are probably well aware, but just in case. The 2008
Sustainability Report Card: a Review of Campus and Endowment Policies was
released yesterday. The Report Card gives 200 colleges and universities a
grade on sustainability: from A to F. The full report is available at
<http://www.endowmentinstitute.org/sustainability/CollegeSustainabilityRepor
tCard2008.pdf >
http://www.endowmentinstitute.org/sustainability/CollegeSustainabilityReport
Card2008.pdf

The College of William and Mary where I teach did pretty badly (D-) and the
students have issued a press release to the local media. Would be great if
you could share the reaction to these ratings on your campus and community.

Also, we are planning a one-credit Campus Sustainability Seminar in the
spring. It will be organized around 4 speakers we will invite. We'd
appreciate any ideas about dynamic speakers on these issues and if you have
taught a course on campus sustainability, it would be great if you could
share your syllabus.

Best regards,
Maria

Maria Ivanova
Assistant Professor of Government and Environmental Policy
The College of William and Mary
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795
tel. +1 757 221 2039
fax +1 757 221 1868
mobile +1 203 606 4640
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mivanova.com <http://www.mivanova.com/>

Director, Global Environmental Governance Project
Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
301 Prospect Street, New Haven, CT 06511
http://www.environmentalgovernance.com
<http://www.environmentalgovernance.com/>