Dear GEPeders,

Thank you very much to those who responded to my query.  My students are
very appreciative.  As is customary, I attach a list of responses where
there are specific references included. In some cases, folks responded
with forthcoming material, in which case I refer to it below but do not
attach.

Best,
Steven

Steven,
There is a very serious analysis, if more historical (but therefore
excellent for background) by Peter Christoff (generally worth looking out
for) in Eckersley and Barry's 'The State and Global Ecological Crisis'
(MIT press)
Charlotte Epstein
Sydney University

>From Armin Rosencranz, a reference to a chapter on Australia in Schneider,
Rosencranz and Mastrandrea, CLIMATE CHANGE SCIENCE AND POLICY,
forthcoming.

Dear Steven,

I have not written much myself, but I have edited three books
with chapters on Japan. You can find a list at my department's website
(below).

Best regards, Paul Harris http://www.ln.edu.hk/polsci/
http://www.ln.edu.hk/projects/ecfp/Home

[From Mat Paterson]
Peter Christoff has written a few things on Australian climate policy -
www.sages.unimelb.edu.au/staff/christoff.html

>From Kathryn Harrison (and others also mentioned)

The November issue of Global Environmental Politics is a special issue,
edited by Kathryn Harrison and Lisa Sundstrom on the climate change
politics of the Annex 1 countries (with country specific reports).

[From Miranda Schreurs]

There is lots of good work on Japan: Ohta Hiroshi, Yasuko Kameyama,
Hidefumi Imura, just to name a few. I've written quite a bit about
Japanese climate change politics.

In addition to a piece in GEP by Yves Tiberghien and myself on Japan's
Kyoto Protocol politics, here are a few others:

^Japan in the Greenhouse: the Challenge of Addressing Rising Emissions,^
in Brendan Barrett, ed., /Ecological Modernisation in Japan/ (London,
UK: Routledge, 2005), pp. 148-65.

^The Climate Change Divide: The European Union, the United States, and
the Future of the Kyoto Protocol,^ in Norman J. Vig and Michaele Faure,
eds., /Green Giants? Environmental Policy of the United States and the
European Union/ (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2004), pp. 207-30.