Ben,

Some additional ideas:

1.       Film - They Live in Guinea - features the issues surrounding the
menhaden fishery in the Chesapeake Bay

http://www.cinemaguild.com/catalog/catalog_environment.htm (shows the
institutional price, it must be cheaper for individuals)

Related to that, we have used a class simulation on the menhaden fisheries
that undergraduate students have really enjoyed. I can send it if it would
be of interest.

2.       Reading - I use the review of fisheries in Chasek, Downie and Brown
Welsh's Global Environmental Politics. It provides a really good overview of
the regime and the institutions. Both my undergraduate students at William
and Mary and graduate students at the Virginia Institute for Marine Science
found this overview really useful when we discussed international fisheries
policy.

And related to that, if you want to show which international institutions
are engaged in fisheries, you can use the database we have begun to compile
on international organizations and the environment. The table shows
institutions across 12 issue areas. Click on the topic of interest and it
will list the international organizations active in that issue area -
http://www.environmentalgovernance.org/database/. This is work in progress,
so  there are certainly gaps. We have not included NGOs, so the Marine
Stewardship Council is not listed, for example.

Maria

Maria Ivanova, PhD

Assistant Professor of Government and Environmental Policy

The College of William and Mary

Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795

office: +1-757-221-2039

cell: +1-203-606-4640

fax: +1-757-221-1868

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://mivanova.com

Director, Global Environmental Governance Project

Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy

New Haven, CT 06511

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.environmentalgovernance.org